A little boy came up to his mother in the kitchen one evening while she was fixing supper, and handed her a piece of paper that he had been writing on. After his Mom dried her hands on an apron,


 she took the piece of paper and read what her son had written:

"For cutting the grass: $5 For cleaning up my room this week: $1 For going to the store for you: 50¢ Baby-sitting my kid brother while you went shopping: 25¢ Taking out the garbage: $1 For getting a good report card: $5 For cleaning up and raking the yard: $2 Total owed: $14.75"

The mother looked at her son, who stood there expectantly, and then she reached for her purse. She pulled out a few bills and coins, counted them, and then smiled at her son.

"Well, here's your payment for all your hard work," she said, handing him the money. "But, I must say, these prices are a bit steep! You're my son, and I love you dearly, but I don't have that kind of money!"

The little boy looked puzzled for a moment, then grinned and said, "That's okay, Mom. I'm just listing the prices for when I grow up and have my own kids!"