A married couple were asleep when the phone rang at 2 in the morning, thewife (undoubtedly blonde), picked up the phone, listened a moment andsaid, "How should I know, that's 200 miles from here?" and hung up. The husband said, "Who was that?" The



 

wife replied, "I don't know, some woman wanting to know if the coast is clear."

The husband, still half-asleep, chuckled and said, "Well, did you tell her the coast is always clear at 2 AM?"

The wife, now fully awake, laughed and said, "No, but maybe I should have! Can you imagine being so lost that you call someone 200 miles away for directions?"

The husband shook his head in amusement, "People do the strangest things. I wonder if she even realized how far off she was."

As they settled back into bed, the wife added, "Well, at least it gave us something to laugh about. I hope she finds her way."

With that, they both drifted back to sleep, sharing a smile and feeling closer after their late-night interruption.