Astory is told about a soldier who was finally coming home after having fought in Vietnam. He called his parents from San Francisco. "Mom and Dad, I'm coming home, but I've a favor to ask.


 


Certainly! The story continues:

"Mom and Dad, I'm coming home, but I've a favor to ask. I have a friend I'd like to bring home with me," said the soldier over the phone.

"Sure, we'd love to meet your friend," replied the soldier's parents.

"There's something you need to know," the soldier continued. "He was injured pretty badly in the fighting. He stepped on a landmine and lost an arm and a leg. He has nowhere else to go, and I want him to live with us."

The soldier's parents hesitated for a moment, surprised by the request, but replied, "We'd be honored to have him stay with us, son. We'll make room for him and take care of him."

A few days later, the soldier arrived home with his friend. As they approached the house, the parents welcomed them with open arms. They embraced the injured young man and assured him that he was welcome and would be cared for like family.

Throughout his stay, the soldier's friend received immense love and care from the soldier's family. They supported him as he adjusted to his new life, showing him kindness, understanding, and acceptance.

This heartwarming story demonstrates the true essence of compassion, empathy, and the willingness to extend a helping hand to those in need, especially to those who have sacrificed for their country.