A teacher was explaining biology to her 4th grade students. "Human beings are the only animals that stutter," she said. A little girl raised her hand. "I had a kitty-cat who stuttered." The teacher, knowing how precious some children's stories could become, asked the little girl to describe the incident. "Well," she began, "I was in the back

 

just fifteen dollars."

The parents look at each other incredulously. "Who on earth would sell a brand new truck for fifteen dollars?" asks the father.

"It was the lady up the street," the boy says. "I don't know her name – she just moved in. She saw me riding my bike and asked if I wanted to buy a Ford F150 for fifteen dollars."

"Oh my goodness," the mother exclaims, "she must be crazy! You need to go back and find out what's going on."

So the boy goes back to the lady's house with his parents. They find her in the yard, and the father asks, "Excuse me, ma'am, but why did you sell my son a brand new truck for fifteen dollars?"

The lady smiles and replies, "Well, this morning I got a phone call from my husband. I thought he was on a business trip, but I found out he ran off to Hawaii with his secretary. He told me he was never coming back and asked me to sell his new truck and send him the money. So I did."