There once was a farm with a big red barn. And in that big red barn, there lived many animals, the smallest of which, was a little red hen. The little red hen may have been little, but she was the most


 


industrious and hardworking of all the animals in the barn. Every day, she would wake up early and start her chores, clucking happily as she went about her work.

One morning, while scratching the dirt for seeds, the little red hen found a few grains of wheat. Excitedly, she approached the other animals in the barn, asking, "Who will help me plant these grains of wheat?"

The cow, lazily chewing cud, replied, "Not I. I'm too busy resting."

The sheep, snuggled in the corner, replied, "Not I. I prefer to nap."

The pig, wallowing in the mud, replied, "Not I. I'm enjoying my bath."

Undeterred by their responses, the little red hen decided to plant the wheat seeds herself. She worked tirelessly, planting the seeds, watering them, and caring for them until they grew into beautiful wheat stalks.

When the wheat was ready to be harvested, the little red hen once again sought help from the other animals, asking, "Who will help me harvest the wheat?"

The cow, still resting, replied, "Not I. I'm too comfortable here."

The sheep, still napping, replied, "Not I. I'm too tired."

The pig, still enjoying the mud, replied, "Not I. I'm too dirty to work."

So, the little red hen harvested the wheat all by herself. She then asked the animals, "Who will help me take this wheat to the mill to turn it into flour?"

The cow, sheep, and pig all replied with the same answer: "Not I. We're not interested in that."

Once again, the little red hen didn't give up. She took the harvested wheat to the mill and returned with a sack of flour.

Finally, when the aroma of freshly baked bread filled the barn, the animals rushed over, exclaiming, "How delicious! We'd love to help you eat it!"

With a smile, the little red hen replied, "No, thank you. I will eat this bread all by myself."

This classic story of the little red hen teaches the value of hard work, persistence, and personal responsibility. It shows that those who do not contribute to the work may not benefit from the rewards.